If you’ve decided to get orthodontic treatment, you’re probably excited just thinking about the prospect of showing off beautifully straight teeth. But you won’t feel much like sharing your smile in the meantime – at least not if you’re wearing bulky metal braces. With Invisalign® in North Knoxville, you’ll get great results with clear plastic aligners instead of braces.
Invisalign® aligners offer many advantages over braces, including:
- Metal-Free Comfort – Metal wires and brackets rub against your gums and cheeks, often resulting in sore spots. Invisalign® is made of smooth plastic aligners that don’t create this kind of uncomfortable friction.
- Transparent Straightening – Since your clear aligners fit snugly over your teeth, they won’t dominate your smile the way that braces do.
- Easy Oral Hygiene – Brushing and flossing can be pretty tough with braces. It couldn’t be more simple with aligners, since you simply remove them to clean your teeth.
- Faster Treatment – While treatment times vary depending on the issues you are trying to correct, most patients complete their Invisalign® treatment in less time than braces.
Ready for a straight smile? Call 865-947-2220 today to schedule your orthodontic consultation.
Digital Technology Is Key to Customized Invisalign® Treatment
Digital technology plays a major part in creating your Invisalign® treatment plan. We use digital X-rays and digital teeth impressions to create a 3-D model of your teeth. We also use special software to create your individualized plan. Then:
- A special lab uses our specifications to manufacture your custom aligners.
- When they arrive, your dentist checks the fit and ensures you understand how treatment works.
- You wear your aligners at least 20-22 hours a day for the best results.
- You switch to new aligners every two weeks, as they gradually move your teeth into the proper position.
- You see us about every six weeks so we can ensure your treatment is progressing as planned.
For Invisalign® in North Knoxville, call Kennedy Dentistry at 865-947-2220.