Conventional dentures are a reliable way to replace most or all of your teeth. But if you’re like most dentures wearers, we bet you’ve wondered if there isn’t something better than dentures. As dentists who have improved many lives with dental implants, we can say that implant dentures give you replacement teeth that look, feel, and function almost exactly like natural teeth.
The best way to see if dental implant dentures are right for you is to schedule a consultation in our North Knoxville, TN office. Call us today at 865-685-4886. In the meantime, check out some of their key advantages. Compared to conventional dentures, implant dentures will:
- Stay in Place – Nothing more than suction (sometimes supplemented with adhesive) keeps regular dentures in position. Unfortunately this means they can slip out of place – and sometimes at the most embarrassing moments. In contrast, implants fuse to your jaw, making a highly stable anchor for your replacement teeth. They’ll stay put, and no adhesive is needed.
- Keep More Foods in Your Diet – When your dentures are attached to implants, you’ll enjoy chewing strength nearly as strong as what you had before losing teeth. You can eat foods like crunchy apples and corn-on-the-cob without worrying about displacing dentures.
- Preserve Your Jaw – Implants stimulate bone growth in your jaw the same way that natural tooth roots do. This prevents your jaw from shrinking and giving your face that sunken-in look that makes you look older.
- Provide More Comfort – Since implant dentures don’t shift and move the way that regular dentures can, they won’t rub against your gums and create sore spots.
- Offer Low-Maintenance Care – With some kinds of dental implant dentures, you’ll just brush and floss your teeth like you always have to keep them clean. Plus, you won’t ever need to get dentures relined to adjust the fit.
To make an appointment at Kennedy Dentistry, call 865-685-4886 now. We offer several kinds of dental implant dentures, including a procedure that allows you to get your implants and teeth on the same day.